Cruises / Itineraries
One-Day-Cruise to the Greek Islands of Poros, Hydra and Aegina
Escape now for a day and enjoy the islands, the sun and the sea with one day cruise on the crystal waters of the Saronic Gulf.
Our ship AEGEAN GLORY lets her passengers enjoy more time on the islands due to her high cruising speed. She also offers live multilingual music and traditional/modern dancing, which are sure to entertain guests from all nationalities!
Moreover, our rich buffet provides all passengers a wide selection from all kinds of different dishes such as apperizers, meat, salads, traditional Greek dishes, desserts etc.
Our ship departs PIRAEUS PORT.
If you have booked the cruise with a transfer, you will be advise of the pickup time at the place where you booked. If you have booked the cruise "on board" (without transfer) please contact us to reconfirm departure port/time.
The cruise itineraries are indicative and subject to change depending on weather conditions and port traffic. The actual times of arrival/departure on each island, the order of the islands, lunch time etc. will be announced on board. All changes to the itinerary are made to ensure passenger safety and comfort.
PIRAEUS Port departures
08.00 – Gathering at the port or at the coaches’ departure point or pick-up from your hotel and transfer to the port of Piraeus.
PORT OF PIRAEUS GATE E2/E1:
08.15 – Departure for Poros (Port E2/E1).
– Arrival at Poros, a picturesque island within a small distance of the Peloponnese mainland, a green paradise with lemon and pine trees. Don't forget to visit the Clock Tower, a short climb from the main port where you will have a great panoramic view of the island.
– The ship sails for Hydra. Lunch (buffet) on board.
– Arrival at Hydra, one of the most beautiful Greek islands. The amphitheatrical port of Hydra offers a colourful collage of outdoor tavernas, cafés and shops. Cars are not allowed in Hydra so don't miss a donkey ride--one of the island's most famous attractions. Swimming area about 5-10 minutes walk from the ship with clear deep blue waters.
– Departure for Aegina.
– Arrival at Aegina. There you have the option to visit the Church of Agios Nektarios, the Temple of Aphaia, or go on a panoramic excursion of the island. For those who prefer to spend more time by the sea, a fully organized beach with clear waters and fine sand is only a few minutes walk from the ship.
– The ship sails for the port of Piraeus. During the voyage, you can rest on the comfortable lounges, go out on the spacious decks or dance and enjoy the live show at the Discotheque.
19.30 – Arrival at the port of Piraeus and transfer to your hotel.
The price of the cruise includes embarkation and disembarkation taxes, lunch on board, the use of all spaces of the ship, including the swimming pool and the discotheque, and the services of the crew. For details of each ship's facilities please see section "Our Ships"
Not included: The optional excursions to Aphaia, Agios Nektarios and the Panoramic excursion in Aegina. Tickets for the excursions are sold on board.
Excursion to Aphaea Temple in Aegina Island
The optional Aphaea tour is sold on board. Ask the excursion desk for details.
Aphaea was a Greek goddess who was worshipped exclusively at this sanctuary, built ca. 500 BC. However, Its history can be traced back to the Late Bronze Age (14th Century BC)
The mythology associates Aphaea with Britomartis who was the daughter of Zeus and half-sister of Artemis. Britomartis was pursued by King Minos of Crete who had fallen in love with her. In order to escape him she jumped into the sea but was caught in the net of fishermen who took her towards Aegina on their boat. However, a fisherman was also captivated by her beauty and wanten her for his own.
This time Britomartis successfully fled onto Aegina and seeking the help of goddess Diana, she vanished into the woods. When the fishermen arrived on the spot, they found only a statue. The word “Aphaea” derives from Greek meaning 'invisible.'
The temple of Aphaea is located at an equal distance from the Acropolis in Athens and the Temple of Poseidon at Cape Sounion. These three great Temples form a sacred Triangle between North, East, and South.
We organize many exciting evening cruises based on various themes like moonlight cruise, latin dancing, mexican evening, Epidaurus theater festival etc.
Contact us for more details on our itineraries
Sample itinerary of evening cruise
-Boarding at 8 pm from Piraeus Port
-Departure at 8:30 pm
-Cruising along the Saronic Gulf or visit to Aegina Island
-Arrival at the port of Piraeus around 00.00 – 00.30 am
Evening cruise itineraries and services differ among each departure. Contact us for more details on upcoming cruises.